This Spring Noosphere gathers specialists from all over the world to talk about the future of the space industry. Noosphere Space Summit will take place on April 17-18, 2019 in Kyiv.
The summit will take place at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, the third oldest as well as one of the largest universities in Ukraine, also known as a national center of science and culture.
The Noosphere Space Summit is a 2-day event, offering a platform to network with industry peers, an expo zone in the sphere of space and engineering, and a space startup competition.
The Noosphere Space Summit is held in honour of Yuri Kondratyuk – the famous Ukrainian engineer, pioneer of astronautics and spaceflight. 100 years ago Kondratyuk developed the first known lunar orbit rendezvous (LOR), a concept that is key to Moon landings and the return journey to Earth. 50 years ago the LOR was used to plot the first manned spaceflight to the Moon, the Apollo-11 mission. Moon exploration faces many сhallenges, and we intend to discuss these obstacles and set critical milestones for future Moon flights during the Summit.
The latter, the Vernadsky Challenge, is the only Ukrainian engineering startup competition and will be held on April 17.
On the second day of the event, April 18, industry experts from all over the world will share their expertise and discuss the most pressing challenges in the following areas:
1. Space industry pioneers: meet state-owned enterprise representatives who founded the industry
2. NewSpace: learn from private company speakers, including Tom Markusic, John Isella (Firefly Aerospace)
3. Space X Factor: a soapbox for young persons’ suggestions and visions, and new space industry business models
4. Innovative technology: supply the solutions needed for companies involved in deep space exploration
5. Transformational Space Legislation: consider the legislative and regulatory issues affecting the space industry, discuss existing law models and suggest changes to the Ukrainian system
The Summit will host more than 200 participants.
Visit our website noospheresummit.space for more details and event’s agenda.