After a coronavirus pandemic-driven pause, Noosphere now returns to live events. At the beginning of August, we held the Noosphere Karting IT Cup. After that, we organized a few more original sporting competitions: the Noosphere Orienteering IT Cup and Noosphere Kayak Orienteering IT Cup.
Noosphere Orienteering IT Cup
On August 15, IT professionals had the chance to feel like urban Bear Grylls at the Noosphere Orienteering IT Cup. The event gathered participants from Together Networks, TrafficDNA, EOS, Molfar, Maximalabs, Broscorp, Inginted, A-Bank, FlightCotrol, and A-Signal, as well as students from Oles Honchar Dnipro National University and IT freelancers from Dnipro and Zaporizhzhya.
For the competition location, we chose Dnipro’s Taras Shevchenko Park and Monastyrsky Island, so that all participants were invigorated by the locale. Men and women competed separately under the rules. They had to reach 13 checkpoints as quickly as possible. Each participant traversed over 4 kilometres through the route.
The fastest participants showed great results with: 21 min 21 sec in the men’s’ group and 31 min 58 sec in the women’s. Meet the winners:
- Anton Chernetsky, Dnipro, Broscorp
- Victor Kuptsov, Dnipro, Together Networks
- Roman Savastru, Dnipro, FlightControl
- Yana Zabarna, Dnipro, Freelance
- Oleksandra Lapina, Dnipro, Freelance
- Julia Garus, Dnipro, A-Bank
In addition to taking the winning place, winners received trophies, medals and fanny packs from Noosphere. For the other participants, Noosphere supplied awesome reflective sports sticker sets.
Noosphere Kayak Orienteering IT Cup
On the last day of summer break, 78 sports fans from Dnipro, Zaporizhzhya and Kyiv gathered for the Noosphere Kayak Orienteering IT Cup. It brought together specialists from over 20 different companies. The Noosphere Kayak Orienteering IT Cup was a doubles competition, and most participants registered in pairs. Individual participants also joined in by seeking ideal partners among other individuals. There were a total of 39 crews divided into 3 groups: men, women, mixed.
The Noosphere Kayak Orienteering IT Cup was held on the Samara floodplains, in the village of Pishchanka, Dnipro region. Participants started off with a kayak, electronic tag and map. They then used a compass to cross the 5 km course and tag as many checkpoints as possible in the shortest time.
All participants hit a rush of adrenaline, pushed their limits and even saw (and touched) turtles. These winners proved to be the most agile:
- Roman Erokhin (Allo) and Dmitry Bolsunov (Apriorit)
- Anton Veklich (Sparkybit) and Oleg Minko (Sparkybit)
- Mikhail Arsenyuk (FlightControl) and Roman Savastru (FlightControl)
- Olena Buryak (Together Network) and Victoria Logvinova (Together Network)
- Olga Zima (Noosphere) and Olga Yasinitskaya (Noosphere)
- Valeria Rudenko (Gravity Agency) and Vlada Gavryushova (Gravity Agency)
- Gennady Sherstyuk (Solvve) and Katerina Sherstyuk (Freelance)
- Taras Lazarev (Yuzhnoye State Design Office) and Ksenia Stelmakh (FlightControl)
- Olga Piskun (SETS) and Stanislav Tolok (SETS)
The crews placing 1st received Noospherean medals and sports t-shirts, while 2nd and 3rd places won medals and fanny packs.